This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for The Old Mill Wooler
Situated on the outskirts of the pleasant, rural market town of Wooler in North Northumberland, The Old Mill is the perfect place to stay to enjoy walking in the Cheviot Hills, visiting the Northumberland National Park, exploring the heritage and history of the area or discovering the unspoilt coastline with its glorious beaches and wonderful wildlife. The High Street with local shops, pubs and restaurants is a 5 minute walk uphill, including a short flight of steps.
The Old Mill offers three bedrooms, all on the second floor, each with full en-suite facilities in proper bathrooms. For breakfast we use locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, Fairtrade teas and coffees and we cater for varying dietary requirements on request.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01668 283349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the 'How to find us' section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is NE71 6NL to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Berwick Upon Tweed, which is 19 miles away (a 30 minute taxi ride, or approximately 1 hour on the bus). Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance by calling Ron's taxis on 01668 281281.
- The nearest bus stop is 500m/546yds from the B&B – ask the driver for Wooler Bus Station. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. The No. 464 and 267 buses run to/from Wooler bus station and the railway station at variable intervals of between 1 and 2 hours.
- The pavement on the street leading to the B&B is paved; the driveway to the front door is gravel and uneven in places.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There are 4 parking spaces in the driveway in front of the house approximately 3 or 4m/10 or 14ft from the front door.
- The driveway has a gravel surface leading to the front door. This is well lit at night by a street light and a domestic light over the front door.
- There are no steps to the front door, which is 1000mm/39.5ins wide.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available with 2 upright chairs, both without arms.
- The flooring is tiled.
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting.
- A pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- Guests are shown the dining room and their bedroom.
- There is 1 bedroom with a double bed and 2 rooms with twin beds, all on the second floor that are reached by stairs only.
- The doors to all the bedrooms are 710mm/28ins wide.
- The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 460mm/18ins.
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit with overhead lighting and bedside lamps.
- All of our bedrooms offer the following: Lighting as above, good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, all bedding is non-feather, widescreen digital television with remote control, and subtitle facilities.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with the following features:
- Door opening to each bathroom is 640mm/25ins.
- The toilet height is 430mm/17ins.
- The wash basin height is 820mm/32.5ins.
- Well lit with overhead lights and a shaver light over mirror.
- The Double and one of the twin rooms have baths with shower over, the other twin room has a shower only, with a 101mm/4ins step into it. This room also has lever taps.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit with ceiling lights.
- There is short pile carpet on the stairs and landing.
- There is a continuous flight of thirteen steps to the first floor with a handrail on one side, and thirteen further steps to the second floor, again with a handrail to one side.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.
- The door opening to the dining room is 710mm/28ins wide and it is level throughout.
- Lighting is natural daylight, with overhead and wall lighting.
- The flooring is tiled.
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- Breakfast is served but you can help yourself to fruit juices, cereals and fruit.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will come to your room and assist you with evacuation.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is available just outside the front door for assistance dogs and can be supplied for bedrooms where necessary.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 20 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 1 mile away. Please let us know if you require further information about these.
- Free WiFi Internet access is available.
|Address (Inc postcode): ||Old Mill House
8 South Road
|Telephone: ||01668 283349|
|Grid Reference: ||NT994282|
|Local Accessible Taxi: ||Ron's Taxis: 01668 281281|