Wooler is ideally situated on the edge of the Northumberland National Park. We're about half an hour away from both Alnwick and Berwick, 20 minutes from the beautiful Northumberland beaches,
and just over an hour from both Newcastle and Edinburgh. There are too many places to visit for us to describe them all here, but these are some of our favourites:
- Visit the new Ad Gefrin Visitor Centre and Distillery. This muti-million pound major new attraction is just a 2 minute stroll from our front door, and is rapidly becoming North Northumberland's
- Take a trip to Holy Island (please ask for safe crossing times) – enjoy the Priory (English Heritage), the Castle (National Trust), the Heritage Centre – the gift shops, the walks, and the
- Bamburgh Castle – beautiful apartments and an unbeatable position above probably the best sandy beach in England
- The Alnwick Garden, deservedly famous – take tea in the Tree house!
- Alnwick Castle (which was used as part of Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films)
- Cragside (National Trust). Spend a day exploring the historic home of Lord Armstrong, set in fantastic parkland
- Take a boat trip from Seahouses to the Farne Islands or Longstone Lighthouse – scene of Grace Darling's famous rescue
- Explore the ramparts and museums in Berwick
- Drive to Kielder and walk by the reservoir, hire mountain bikes or just enjoy the scenery
- Walk up to Cuthbert's cave – it's a secret, but I'll tell you where it is if you promise not to tell anyone else...
- Discover Ford and Etal villages and ride on the Heatherslaw railway
- Book lovers can get lost for a day in Barters Books – one of the UK's largest second-hand bookshops
- Love castles? You're spoilt for choice here. Try Dunstanburgh, or Warkworth, or Lindisfarne, or Bamburgh, or Norham, or Alnwick, or....